naccatechism: an update on the mobile Catechism
Whether you want to check the wording of the Ninth Article of Faith, learn more about the immortality of the soul, or read up on a thought from a sermon in chapter 10 of the Catechism—it’s all very easy with naccatechism.
The New Apostolic doctrine has been published in many languages—you can either leaf through some 500 pages in the print version or find one of many digital variants on the Internet. The New Apostolic Church offers the doctrinal manual on the international Church website, in the NAC Media Portal for ministers and teachers, and—for many years now—also as an app for anyone interested in reading on the go.
All online versions of the Catechism of the New Apostolic Church (CNAC) are accessible free of charge, which also allows for downloading the apps to both iOS (App Store) und Android devices (Google Play Store), as well as use on smartphones and tablets.
Dark mode: to protect your eyes and your charger
All apps of the New Apostolic Church are updated on an ongoing basis. The latest update serves to support all current smartphones and tablets. New display sizes and operating systems require regular adjustments. One innovation in particular is known as dark mode, which allows the background to remain dark in contrast to the font, which is bright. This can serve to protect your eyes (in dark surroundings)—as well as your charger, depending on the device. And as with every update, there are bug fixes and performance improvements.
The three best functions
- Note and search functions: search the entire Catechism for a term, write personal comments and other notes. This will be faster using the app than the book version.
- Daily reading: upon request, the app will immediately remind users of their everyday reading. In order to do this, the app remembers the last point read and offers a convenient spot to read onward. This function can be activated and deactivated in settings. Individual chapters can also be selected.
- Split View, Slide Over und Split Screen modes: tablets display the catechism app in a split view. This is helpful when reading a Bible text and writing notes at the same time, for example.
Since the official language of the global Church is English, the app series also has English titles. In each case, the prefix “nac” represents the acronym of the English designation “New Apostolic Church”. The second portion of the title denotes the content of the respective app:
- naccatechism, the long version of the Catechism
- nacfaq, the Catechism in Questions and Answers
- nacmaps, the global congregation search
- nacnews, news from the District Churches around the world
Naturally, menu navigation and app content is multilingual and individually adjustable. Users can choose between English, French, German, and Spanish.
The iOS app for iPhones and iPads is available free of charge in the App Store.
You can find the Android-app for Android smartphones and tablets free of charge in the Google Play Store.
Photo: ptnphotof - stock.adobe.com