The truth about reality
One who comforts, explains, and helps, and is always close by? He really exists! Some clues from a divine service by the Chief Apostle about a companion who will never abandon anyone.
The Bible text for this divine service in Hong Kong on 26 September 2018 was taken from John 16: 13–14: “However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.”
Insight into divine reality
When the Bible speaks about truth, it is less a question of truth or lies. In fact, it is more a matter of godly reality, Chief Apostle Jean-Luc Schneider said. The Holy Spirit leads into the knowledge of Jesus Christ and thus into the knowledge of God.
God is a God of love and grace. He desires all of mankind to be saved, but leaves man the freedom to decide. In order to have fellowship with God, one must believe in Jesus Christ, His sacrifice, His resurrection, and His gospel. God comes to our aid as He did in the case of Jesus: He does not take us out of this world, but grants us the strength to overcome the evil one.
They speak for each other
The Holy Spirit does not talk about Himself, the Chief Apostle said. “That is a nice characteristic of the Trinity. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are one. And not one them speaks about Himself, but for the others.” The Son proclaims the will of the Father. The Father exhorts us to listen to His Son. And the Holy Spirit reminds us of the words of the Son.
How the Spirit of Truth works
The Holy Spirit tells mankind what He hears at the throne of God. “What does the Holy Spirit hear in heaven?” the Chief Apostle asked and cited a few examples.
- “Don’t be afraid. God is still the Almighty! No one can stop His plan of salvation.”
- “God knows everything about you. Don’t worry, you are not forgotten.” Jesus shares in our suffering and intercedes for us.
- The Holy Spirit tells us how hard God works to save all of mankind.
The Holy Spirit reveals the future.
- “The only way we can enter the new creation is to believe in Jesus Christ and follow Him. That’s the end of the plan of salvation.”
- “The next step of this plan is the return of Christ. He needs a team to help with the work. This team is made up of those we call the bride of Christ.”
And, finally, the Holy Spirit prepares us for the future.
- “The first thing we can receive from the Holy Spirit is grace.” He allows us to share in the merit acquired by Christ and thus to be freed from sin.
- The Holy Spirit gives divine life and sustains it.
- “The love of God has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit. He is working on us so that we can love as Jesus loved.”
- “He awakens the desire in us to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ and gives us the strength to do so.”
“See, these are the works of the Holy Spirit,” Chief Apostle Schneider said. “Let us be part of this plan of salvation. Let us trust God: He will fulfill His plan.