nacfaq: update of the Questions and Answers app
Darkmode makes it perfect for night-time reading. And it is ideal for occasional reading as it provides specific answers for specific questions. The digital version of the Catechism in Questions and Answers has just been relaunched.
True, books are important. Young and old alike know that. Some read for pleasure while others read for study purposes. In addition to these, there are digital books, which convey important reading matter: either in the form of an e-book, a PDF file, or also an app.
The Catechism is such an important book for believers and anyone interested in the New Apostolic faith. The Catechism describes the doctrine of the Church, highlights individual aspects of the faith and the great messages of the gospel, and is the basis for religious education in the Church and interdenominational discussions.
The Catechism of the New Apostolic Church (CNAC) is available in print in the long version and as a question-and-answer guide (CNAC-QA). In 13 chapters and 750 questions the reader finds interesting facts from and about the New Apostolic faith. Both books have been available as an app for iOS devices (App Store) and Android devices (Google Play Store) for years. Download and use is free of charge and ad-free.
Dark mode: to protect your eyes and save your battery
The apps of the New Apostolic Church are updated on an ongoing basis. The latest update serves to support all current smartphones and tablets. New display sizes and operating systems require regular adjustments. One innovation is known as dark mode, which uses a darker colour palette for the background and more vibrancy for the foreground content. It protects your eyes (in low light environments) as well as your battery, depending on the device. And as with every update, there are bug fixes and performance improvements.
The three best functions
- Note and search functions: search the entire Questions and Answers for a term, write personal comments. This will be faster using the app than the book version.
- Bookmark: bookmark the spot where you were last with a digital post-it. This is possible with the bookmark function. Favourite places can be marked quickly and accessed even faster.
- Dark mode: the app has been reader-friendly from the start. With darkmode it now even allows you to read in dark surroundings.
Since the official language of the global Church is English, the app series also has English titles. In each case, the prefix “nac” represents the acronym of the English designation New Apostolic Church. The second part of the title denotes the content of the respective app:
- naccatechism, the long version of the Catechism
- nacfaq, the Catechism in Questions and Answers
- nacmaps, the global congregation search
- nacnews, news from the District Churches around the world
Naturally, menu navigation and app content is multilingual and individually adjustable. Users can choose between English, French, German, and Spanish.
The iOS app for iPhones and iPads is available free of charge in the App Store.
You can find the Android app for Android smartphones and tablets free of charge in the Google Play Store.
Photo: Rawpixel - stock.adobe.com