A unique way to say thank you
The feast before the feast: twenty-two congregations across the Western Cape had their midweek service conducted by a District Apostle or a District Apostle Helper. The congregation in Tafelsig experienced a special surprise—and for good reason.
Imagine the Chief Apostle is in your congregation and you are not invited. This is the situation of the brothers and sisters in Tafelsig, who vacated their church building for the central Pentecost service.
The surprise on Wednesday evening was therefore all the greater because the congregation had its very own divine service with the Chief Apostle. The members who had gathered had expected District Apostle Helper Patrick Mkhwanazi (Southern Africa). But while the congregation was singing the opening hymn, Chief Apostle Jean-Luc Schneider walked to the altar, together with the hosting District Apostle John L. Kriel.
Meanwhile, the District Apostles and their assistants fanned out to twenty-one other congregations in the Western Cape:
- District Apostle Michael Deppner (DR Congo West) was in the congregation of Morgenster,
- Michael Ehrich (Southern Germany) in Lavistown,
- Joseph Opemba Ekhuya (East Africa) in Salberau,
- Edy Isnugroho (South-East Asia) in Eisleben South,
- Leonard R. Kolb (USA) in Heideveld,
- Rüdiger Krause (Northern and Eastern Germany) in Scottsdene,
- Enrique Eduardo Minio (South America) in Netreg,
- Peter Schulte (Western Pacific) in Saxonsea,
- Kububa Soko (Zambia, Malawi, Zimbabwe) in Erica West,
- Rainer Storck (Western Germany) in Macassar,
- Tshitshi Tshisekedi (DR Congo South-East) in Fisantekraal,
- Mark Woll (Canada) in Leiden Central, and
- Jürg Zbinden (Switzerland) in Malibu Village.
- District Apostle Helper David Devaraj (India) was in Cloetesville,
- Frank Dzur (Canada) in New Orleans,
- Arnold Ndakondwa Mhango (Malawi) in Forest Village,
- João Uanuque Misselo (Angola) in Voorbrug,
- Helge Mutschler (Northern and Eastern Germany) in Nooitgedacht
- Robert Nsamba (Zambia) in Dunrobin
- Stefan Pöschel (Western Germany) in Erica East, and
- John Schnabel (USA) in Retreat East.
District Apostle Meeting (DAMI), divine services for ministers, Pentecost